Many owners of accounts in the messenger want to know how to get back deleted videos in TikTok. I have faced such an unpleasant situation, and now I will tell you what are the ways to install clips back.
Reasons why clips are deleted in TikTok
The main purpose of the platform is the exchange of short clips between users. Sometimes clips are deleted by the author himself or the administration. Often files disappear as a result of a technical failure. If a video is blocked due to a violation of the rules, it can only be posted again by re-posting.
However, it will be erased again, and the profile owner is often sent to the ban.
The reasons for which tech support deletes videos most often are:
- Propaganda of organizations or individuals banned by the world community;
- presence in the media file of alcoholic beverages, smoking, weapons, drugs and stimulants;
- Distribution of scenes with violence, dangerous actions, suicide, self-mutilation;
- posting episodes depicting harassment and bullying;
- Filming incitement to violent acts and discrimination on any grounds;
- sending false information and spam;
- copyright infringement;
- threats to the safe operation of the messenger;
- swearing in the video;
- presence of children under 13 years old without an adult in the frame;
- blatant advertising.
Sometimes such technical failures occur, as a result of which clips are automatically deleted:
- lack of connection to the Internet;
- smartphone hangs up while uploading content;
- the application does not work;
- accidental formatting of the disk with content.
Instructions on how to restore video from the phone
Before you can get back a deleted video in Tik Tok, you need to:
- re-view the video;
- try to identify the cause of its blocking;
- analyze the content for compliance with the rules of the platform;
- cut or edit prohibited episodes.
This section is located on the user’s page.
The algorithm for restoring content is as follows:
- Open the Drafts folder.
- Tap with a delay on the desired video (for Android phones) or swipe it to the left (on an iPhone).
- Edit the video as needed.
- Press on the “Upload” field.
- Select “Next”.
- Define the degree of confidentiality.
- Activate “Post” position.
There are special programs that restore drafts for TikTok:
- Stellar Photo Recovery;
- Wondershare Dr.Fone;
The order of actions with them is about the same:
- Download the program or its demo version.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Start scanning folders with the program.
- Go to the list of deleted files.
- Select the one you want.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
From the gallery on your smartphone
All images, photos, and videos are saved in this section by default.
To publish a clip from it, you need to:
- Log in to TickTock.
- Start creating a post.
- Go to “Gallery”.
- Select the file you want.
- Click on the “Save to Album” button.
- Click on the “Add” field.
This will allow you to view the video as a subscriber to the channel.
This folder is most often found in these sections:
- Google Photo.
In the first case, you need to:
- Open the media content storage.
- Go to “Albums”.
- Click on “Recently deleted”.
- Highlight the clips you want.
- Click the restore button.
In the second case, you need to find “Library” and repeat the previous steps.
iOS-based devices work through iCloud.
To restore the file, you need to do the following:
- Open the TicToc app.
- Log in to your account.
- Navigate to the cloud storage.
- Find the “Recycle Bin.”
- Mark the folders you want.
- Restore them.
Deleted content is stored for 60 days. Files cannot be recreated after this period has expired.
Actions from your computer
There are several ways to get back lost media content in TickTock. First, you need to search for such clips in the “Trash” on the home screen and send them to their original location.
If the user has created a backup copy on his PC, you need to search in it.
The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Connect a flash drive or an external hard drive with the backup version.
- Use the file search option.
- Find the deleted video.
- Recover it.
- Edit the content of the clip.
- Post it in a messenger.
Another way is to use the Recoverit program.
The way to work with it is as follows:
- Download the installer.
- Run it.
- Click the utility icon on your desktop.
- Choose a disk to scan.
- Start examining the folders on it.
- Move to the location of the lost clip.
- Start recovery.
- After scanning see the result.
- Store the video file in a convenient place.
Then all you have to do is go to TickTock and make a post using the restored content.
The possibility of restoring previously uploaded videos
The developers of the messenger did not provide an opportunity to return deleted videos, but you can try to do it in one of the following ways
re-shoot the clip and upload the file to TikTok;
search for it in the folders of your smartphone or computer and re-download it;
contact the technical support service of the platform.
The last option is possible only if the media file was lost as a result of technical problems or mistakenly deleted by the author. If the video is blocked by the administration for violating the rules of “TickTock”, it is impossible to return it.