Beginning users of the social network, uploading their video files, often ask the question why the sound is lost in TikTok. Today I’m going to talk in detail about the main causes of this problem, and about ways to restore sound from your phone and personal computer.
What it means if the sound is missing in TikTok: common causes
The popular social network TikTok is designed to publish videos that are accompanied by either music tracks or voice messages. It’s not uncommon to get the following message when uploading a video: “Error! This audio is not available.”
There are several reasons for this:
- There is no internet connection signal.
- Your social network profile is blocked, but the reason for the blockage is not yet clear.
- You haven’t updated the TikTok app in a while.
- Your smartphone is in silent mode or the sound is set to minimum.
- The video contains a music track by another author who has banned its use, i.e. you have violated copyrights. You cannot get around the prohibition on using someone else’s songs.
Ways to solve the problem on your phone
The problem of inaccessibility of sound in TikTok from the phone can be solved in 2 ways: update the application or unlock your account. But first, check your Internet connection: it may be that its speed is very slow. If it’s okay, go ahead and update TikTok.
Updating the app
The update is available from Android devices and on iOS.
In the first case, follow the following algorithm of actions:
- Go to Play Market via Google, enter TikTok in the search.
- Navigate to the app’s page.
- Click on the green “Update” button. An update download will begin.
- Wait for the updated TikTok to install. You can now open its new version.
The update on iOS is not much different from the previous algorithm:
- Go to the App Store and find the messenger app.
- Go first to “Update”, then to “Waiting”.
- Click on the “Update” button: the download process will start, after which you will be able to use the updated version of the social network.
This procedure is either done manually or auto-updates are installed. Another small recommendation: clear the memory on your phone beforehand, otherwise the apps won’t update.
Unlocking the account
If the question has arisen why the sound is lost in “TikTok”, you should check whether your page is blocked or not. Such a situation can occur if the user has violated the rules of the social network.
Common reasons for blocking the profile:
- Publication of prohibited materials, spamming.
- Insulting other ticktockers, the administration of the application or its developers.
- Using special services to gain likes, views, etc.
- Performing the same actions within a short period of time.
To unblock your account, first of all contact TikTok administration and find out why your profile is locked. Then try to recover your account password.
Follow a few steps to do so:
- Click the “Register” button and then the “Login” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Enter phone/email/username” section.
- Click on “Forgot your password?”
- Select the way you want your password: either by phone number or email.
Actions from a computer
On a PC, the options for TikTok are more limited than on your phone. Nevertheless, you can try to restore the sound by downloading the updated application from the official website.
Next, you should check if the Internet works well. Install and connect the webcam and built-in sound equipment, microphone, etc. It is necessary to deal with if the sound in the social network still does not appear.
If the account is blocked, you can restore it according to the instructions above.