The posting of clips to the social network Instagram is sometimes accompanied by some technical problems. One of them is the deterioration of the clarity of the “picture”. Such an anomaly is not only unpleasant for the author, but also unlikely to please the readers of the page. However, it is quite possible to avoid, observing the rules.
Below we will figure out how to post a video to Instagram without losing quality. Stay tuned for useful tips on how to share your favorite video with friends without any problems.
Technical requirements Instagram for uploading videos
The first thing you should pay attention to before you put the video in the general feed – the technical characteristics of the file. Ideally, they should fully comply with those set by the service of the social network. Namely:
- Video file format MP4 (found on Windows or Android) or MOV (common on Apple products).
- The size of the clip is up to 128 megabytes.
- The aspect ratio for the tape is a square. These are proportions: 4:5 or 1:1. For stories or Insta TV, a vertical rectangle with a 9:16 aspect ratio will do.
- Codec – H.264 (the most common). The bitrate is 3000 kbps or higher.
The duration of the movie playback is important:
- for tape – up to 60 seconds;
- for STORIES – 15 seconds;
- for IGTV – up to 60 minutes.
The social networking system will most likely not allow a video to be uploaded:
- avi format;
- with other codecs.
Good to know. It will be possible to attach widescreen clips with an aspect ratio of 16:9 to the post, but then white frames will appear at the top and bottom of the movie, and the video itself will be reduced.
Why does Instagram reduce the quality of videos
So, why does Instagram ruin video quality? There may be several reasons for this:
- The technical parameters of the file do not match those set by the system. Accordingly, the social network simply compresses or crops the “picture”.
- Poor quality of the Internet connection.
- An error in the application.
- An outdated version of Instagram.
This is what can cause the “picture” of the clip to deteriorate. What to do in this situation? It’s simple:
- Look at the properties of the published material and fix the format or resolution in special editors.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi access point or find a place with a strong network signal.
- Reboot the device or enter Insta from a PC or tablet. If this does not help, then write to support through the section “Settings – Help”.
- Go to the game store on your smartphone (AppStore, Windows Store or Google Market) and update the program to the current version.
How to save good quality when uploading videos from your phone
So, how do you save good quality video files when uploading to Instagram? Follow the standard algorithm of actions. And since it will be slightly different for IPhone and Android owners, let’s consider them separately.
To publish a video clip with the best resolution on a smartphone with the Android operating system will need:
- Unlock your gadget’s screen and launch the social network Instagram.
- Log in to your account using your username (nickname/email/phone number) and password.
- Tap on the “plus” icon, which is located in the bottom menu.
- Select suitable material from the device’s library or shoot a new one. To record a new movie, click the “Video” tab and press the circular button.
- Edit the file: apply a filter, change the color balance, add saturation, etc.
- Make a caption, add hashtags and geolocation as desired.
- Click on “Share” and post to your feed.
If the video in Instagram is still uploaded in poor quality, then install an auxiliary utility on your smartphone – FilmoraGo. With its help you will be able to:
- change the aspect ratio for the social network;
- reduce the duration of the file;
- overlay text, music, or thematic effects;
- adjust the playback speed.
For the record. FilmoraGo is a free app on Android.
For “apple” owners, the step-by-step instructions are almost the same. The only difference may be the location of icons and options in the application. All you need to do is:
- Make sure that the material fits the parameters for InstaNet.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “plus” in the menu.
- Take a new clip or attach it from the gallery.
- Filter it and publish it.
If the resolution is degraded, you can upload such a video with pre-processing. To do this, install the InShot editor on your phone. It will help you:
- Apply text, music, filters, and stickers;
- Adjust the color, shades, shadows, and brightness;
- Speed up or slow down playback;
- Cut or divide a file into parts;
- Adjust the proportions for a particular social network (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube).
As a side note. To improve quality, install only official and user-tested programs from the Market. Utilities from unknown sites in the browser can be malicious.
Universal way – convert video with Convertio
Another method to avoid bad quality video on Instagram is to convert it. After all, the wrong file format can cause the clip to either not be added to the post or be severely “compressed.”
To improve the quality or return a sharp “picture” to the movie, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Open your browser and go to the Convertio service.
- Click on the “folder” icon and select the material to convert from your device’s library.
- Click on “in…(GIF)” and tap on the “Video” tab in the menu that appears.
- Click on MP4 and start the procedure using the “Convert” button.
- Wait a few minutes for the site to process the video.
- Download it back to your PC or smartphone.
- Done. Now you can post the resulting “short film” in the usual way.
Important. When processing the movie in the editor, always choose the best quality to save.
To upload your video to Instagram without losing quality, you need to be sure to know the requirements put forward by the social network. If the file is not suitable, the system tries to adjust it automatically, which leads to a fuzzy and sometimes too “pixelated” picture.